A little sweet and a little tart, this drink gained popularity in the '70s. The addition of egg white to the recipe adds a nice texture to the drink.
• 1 1⁄2 oz Amaretto
• 3⁄4 oz Bourbon
• 1 oz lemon juice
• 1/4 oz simple syrup
• 1 Egg white
• Garnish: Lemon peel, Maraschino cherry
1) Add all ingredients to a shaker and dry shake (without ice) to combine well.
2) Add ice to the shaker and shake again until chilled.
3) Strain over fresh ice into an Old Fashioned glass.
4) Garnish with lemon and Maraschino cherry.