One of the most popular cocktails since the mid-1800s. As cocktail recipes became more complex, this drink represented a return to simpler, "old-fashioned" cocktail recipes that included spirits, bitters, water, and sugar.
• 2 oz Bourbon
• 3 dashes Angostura bitters
• 1/2 tsp Sugar
• 1 tsp Water
• Garnish: Orange wedge and Maraschino cherry
1) Add water, sugar, and bitters into an Old Fashioned glass.
2) Muddle until sugar is dissolved.
3) Fill the glass with large ice cubes, add the bourbon, and gently stir to combine the flavors.
4) Garnish with orange wedge and Maraschino cherry.