The beautiful red and orange colors of this cocktail evoke images of a summer sunrise. Created in the 1970s and promoted in popular culture by The Rolling Stones on their 1972 tour, and the 1973 song of the same name by The Eagles.
• 2 oz Tequila
• 4 oz Fresh orange juice
• 1⁄4 oz Grenadine
• Garnish: Orange slice, Maraschino cherry
1) Fill a highball glass with ice.
2) Add the tequila, then the orange juice.
3) Slowly pour in the Grenadine.
4) Garnish with an orange slice and a Maraschino cherry.